Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yay for Super Sweet Secondhand Stores!

I love that being an earth saver is usually good for your wallet. There is this fabulous store here called Big Wheels 2 Butterflys. They sell used kids clothes but everything is really nice there. I mean, you don't have to check it for spots or tears, they are pretty picky. So I got the bug some winter stuff: 4 pairs of pants, 6 onesies, a pair of overalls and a sleep-n-play all for $18!! Yay!
Here's the problem though... afterwards I felt kind of guilty. I hated getting used clothes when I was growing up. I kind of felt like I was being a bad mom. I mean, you want to give your kids the best of everything... not the secondhand of everything.
But I talked to my super friend Neva today and she asked an important question "What does the best of everything mean to you? Giving your kids new stuff, or saving the money and using it to do something for your family?" Yeah, I felt kind of awful after that. (Feeling bad for feeling bad... I have issues!) So do I want my bug to be concerned with things and not people? No! Because then she'll grow up, realize she is all superficial-like, have to start a blog about her journey to become a more responsible person and the vicious cycle will start all over again. No one wants that.

No comments:

Post a Comment