Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Diapers

So my little bug has been in disposable diapers for the last 5 months. Yeah, I know... I'm awful and hate the earth. Honestly though, the thought of having a baby was so overwhelming at first that I couldn't even fathom adding more work for myself. But upon more research over the past month or two, I've changed my mind. Turns out, disposable diapers are pretty bad for the environment and account for 3-4% of household waste. Yikes! (read more of a great study here.) I really started noticing how quickly I filled my trash bins with diapers. Yes, my new hippy conscience got the best of me, but I have no clue where to start with the whole cloth diaper thing!
Enter in the cloth diaper goddess Jaimie!! I met her at a parenting group and started pestering her when I noticed her changing her son (also 5 months) with those magically cloth diapers! She is magic. She assures me that they are easy and gave me a website where they send you all of these diapers to try for $10. You don't like them, you send them back. Fabulous! I should be getting them sometime next week so I will keep y'all updated on how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment