Thursday, August 2, 2007

Worm Evacuation

Ahhhh!!! I added some new worms to my worm bin last night and when I woke up this morning, I noticed that there were two worms a-wigglin' on my kitchen floor. Weird...but maybe I dropped them and didn't notice. I opened the door to the cabinet under the sink and worms are everywhere! As I opened up the bucket and worms like popped out onto the floor. I'm not exaggerating. It was disgusting. Seems the newbies didn't want to hang out with the oldies. Great. I think to myself "I'm a hippy chick, I can handle this." But, when I went to pick one of the squirmies I squealed like a prissy girl. Oh crap...I've totally fell off the wagon in my recovery. So, I grabbed one of those hamburger flippers that you use for the Bar-B-Que and started flipping them back into the bucket. I'm not sure what happened, I checked the bedding and it's not too wet or too dry, but I read that when you introduce new worms to an environment they sometimes wig out a little. Hmmmm.... I'll keep you updated.....

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm . . . Worm-B-Que! And you can do it because they were free-range. . . uhhh, trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm.... Worm-B-Que! And you can do it because they are free-range!

    ReplyDelete