Friday, August 31, 2007

10 days!!

10 days have gone by since I last posted! erg! Matt and I have been moving, moving and more moving, and this afternoon is the last day of our moving plight. Thank the hippy gods! I can't believe how much stuff I had! It felt so good to get rid of a lot of it. Matt and I got rid of almost half our stuff. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to get rid of stuff you don't use, and only have the stuff you really care about surrounding you. And I literally mean "surrounding" us. There is a maze of boxes in our living room. Boxes are stacked precariously, and there is a tiny path you must navigate through to get to the kitchen.

But, never fear fellow hippies! I didn't just throw stuff away, that would not be very "earth warriorish" of me, I turned to the best site ever invented: www.craigslist.com!! Oh it is amazing! I sold our couch (because it wouldn't fit in our new place) and a bed on this wonderful site. A very nice girl who was moving into her first apartment came and picked them both up. Very cool. The rest of the stuff, we donated to Goodwill. But, we did get desperate at one point and had to heap a pile of junk outside our house with "free" signs all over it. When we came by the next day, every single thing was gone. Magic, hippies, magic!!

1 comment:

  1. Hippys Rock!!! I am putting alot of stuff on ebay, and a couple things on Craigslist. I really belive that clutter has alot of negative energy. Specially if it's in a bedroom, or any room for resting. Well hip on hippy.

    ReplyDelete