Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Rules

#1

Buy nothing except things you absolutely need to survive which would include: food, water and shelter.

This includes: no fast food, no new clothes, etc.

Exceptions: Materials may be purchased for DIY projects.

Example: If I really need a new skirt, I’m allowed to purchase the material to make my self one. This has two benefits: 1) I will only take the time to make something if I really, really need it and 2) It’ll be doubly-sweet because I made it. So win, win!

Things can be purchased second-handedly (I don’t think that’s a word, but whatev!)

#2

I must strive toward a zero waste goal.

Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that I will make it, but I have to at least try to find ways to reuse things, either by recycling, donating, etc…. This is where I’ll have to get creative!

#3

I have to blog about both my success and my failures.

Otherwise, it wouldn’t be any fun!! =)

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions about these rules, as I'm sure as I get into this process, I will be expanding and clarifying. I'm not really sure what situations I'm going to get into, but it'll be a long, strange trip I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment