Tuesday, July 13, 2010

High School Reunion

My high school ten year reunion is this year and time for some reflection on where my life is and where I wanted it to be. wow. Who knew that I would end up so incredibly happy with my life now when...
...I live in Omaha.
Nothing against the midwest but during high school in California, I don't think I could have even pointed Nebraska out on a map.
...I'm a stay-at-home-mom.
Yeah- I wanted to be one of those super-sluething journalist types when I was in high school. You know, fighting the good fight, righting wrongs, traveling the world. That cracks me up.
...I married a lawyer!
Who (whom? I never know) I met like the minute I left California and have been with ever since (going on 10 years!!)

Life is so funny- I had a long talk with my high school BFF Jen today and was half covered in snot and chocolate and who knows what. I have a super dirty kitchen right now and haven't brushed my hair today. I'm super pudgy and the most sluethiest thing I've done this year is find all the pieces to the bug's wooden puzzle under the couch. But I've never been happier. who knew that this is the life for me?

Yay for BFF Jen! And for some perspective on my fabulous life, even if no one else thinks so.

1 comment: