Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Knitting

Hippy chicks knit. They just do. All of my hippy heroes knit (check out Amanda Soule's amazing blog at www.soulemama.com. I want to be her when I grow up!) I should knit. Oh- but I really, really suck at knitting. Erg.
I just don't have the craft stamina for knitting. It takes dedication, and patience. My crafting style is more like "I-need-it-quick-so-I-can-show-off-what-I-just-made" which is why I like sewing. It's more instant-gratification. But I do get a craving to knit at times, especially when it gets cold outside and right now, for whatever reason. I just feel like the bug needs a knitted sweater. Why? I dunno- it's been in the 90s here so of course she needs something made out of wool right this minute right?
So knit I must... I'm thinking of trying this baby pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Does anyone have any other super easy patterns? Or have any other similar knit love/hate stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment