Thursday, April 8, 2010

The lazy vegetarian

I am the laziest person when it comes to cooking. If the recipe has more than 5 ingredients or more than 3 steps, I lose interest pretty fast. I also hate when a recipe calls for some ingredient that you are only going to use once for this one dish or worse when a recipe calls for a cup of something that comes in a can. Triple erg. That's why I love Sandra Lee. She always uses a can of this or a box of that. My kind of gal. Problem is she rarely has vegetarian menu options so I've started coming up with my own recipes based on this same philosophy... Maybe call it my lazy vegetarian philosophy.
Also, my super friends Beth and Christina schedule their family meals by week by having a different theme for each day. That way it is easier to plan for the week with minimal stress. For example, Tuesday is taco night. Now, that can be fish tacos, bean tacos, tofu tacos... Whatever. Great idea right? So I'm totally steal in it. Yay!
I'm going to start posting some of these awesome recipes so you all can steal them too and see how lazy I am (and awesome too!) so look forward to that friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment